Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Visions of Santa - Fancy Moose

I thought the Visions of Santa stamp set was fun and playful when I first saw it in the Holiday catalog.  I was surprised to hear later on that some people thought it was weird and creepy.  So when I decided to use the set for a card swap I participated in, I opted to go with the moose and skip Santa to be sure no one's creep ed out with my card.


For something so simple, this actually took sometime because of a design flaw in my original layout. I wanted to do a no layer card with rounded corners like these two (you get to see one of the Santa after all!).


On both my sample cards, I distressed the edges with white craft ink that's why the cards appear lighter on the pictures.


Satisfied with the layout, I proceeded to cut the card stocks I need to make twenty three cards.  Then I applied the washi tapes and stamp the moose with tuxedo black memento ink.  I colored the moose with blendabilities - cherry cobbler, mocha, natural and smoky slate for the "shadow/puddle".  I was on my third card when I noticed that the ink was bleeding through the card stock and was showing on the inside of the card.  Big problem...... why didn't I notice this on my samples?

My solution was to cut all the cards I already prepped and turned them into panels and cut more card stocks for the base card.  My no layer card will now be layered to hide the "bleeding" and keep the inside of the card clean.  The irony was I wanted a no layer card to save time cutting card stocks and I ended up spending twice as much time fixing my boo boo..


On my swap cards, I sponged crumb cake ink on the edges of the panel to add dimension between the base and the panel without adding unnecessary bulk to the card.

Christmas is days away and I'm not even close to getting all my projects completed.  I'll try and share as much as I can in the coming weeks.

Until next time...........

Cheers!!!

irene


No comments:

Post a Comment