Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

World of Dreams - Congratulations

My boss recently got married.  Days before the wedding, I realized I didn't have a card for him.  I casually started asking for details about the wedding to get an idea for my card design.  I found out it's close family and friends only, black tie affair, ceremony at the Grace Cathedral, reception at the San Francisco Fairmont Hotel.  I'm thinking, I better come up with a nice, elegant card.  No distressing allowed, LOL!

He wasn't sure about the flowers but thought maybe  white orchids.  I'm thinking, I have an orchid stamp.  They have been together 25 years that's why their wedding date was on the 25th.  I'm thinking, a silver card.  This is what I came up with.  What do you think?  I hope it's not too girly.


I was quite pleased with how this card came together - simple and elegant.  I love washi tapes, see how it works even with a formal card?  These silver ones remind me of a tuxedo cummerbund.  If you compare the picture above with the picture below, you'll see that the small red heart is the perfect embellishment for this card.


Don't you just love it!?!  Card size is 7" x 5.5", enough room to accommodate well wishes from everyone in the office.


The card base is silver card stock, the flowers and sentiment were heat embossed with white and black embossing powders.  See supply list for stamp set information.

Thanks for checking out my creation today.  Now back to holiday cards and crafts.

Cheers!!!

irene

SUPPLY LIST - all from Stampin'Up:


No comments:

Post a Comment