Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Clear Block Stamping - World of Dreams

Today I’m sharing my swap card from our latest group meeting.  Talk about daunting, we had 50 participants!  I think that’s the most swap cards I ever had to do.  I initially planned on doing a holiday card but after the final count was announced, I decided to start working on my cards using products from the big catalog instead of the Holiday catalog.


I used a simple technique called clear block stamping.  Basically, you tap your clear block directly on the ink pad, mist it with water and stamp directly onto your cardstock.  When I got bubbles, I slid my finger back and forth on the block to evenly spread the ink.  For my background, I stamped the clear block using three different colors – lost lagoon, hello honey and tangelo twist.  


Ideally, since you spritz water to your block before stamping, you would use watercolor paper for this technique but I didn't have enough watercolor paper for 50 cards so I used whisper white card stock.  I was careful not to spray too much water so there was only minimal warping.



The image and sentiment are from Stampin' Up’s World of Dreams stamp set and were stamped using tuxedo black ink.  I added the washi tape from the Sweet Sadie designer washi tape set.  I was quite pleased with how the card turned out.  And, no two cards are exactly alike.



Sadly, we had quite a few participants who didn't make it to the meeting so I’m left with about twelve card fronts.  If you want one for your sample board or just want to see it in person, email me your mailing address and I’ll send you one.  Remember this is just a card front not a full card but you can easily turn it into a card if you feel like it.

Have an awesome day!  Cheers!!!

irene



All supplies used are available HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment