Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Got Bleach?

Yap, who needs ink when you have bleach!  It's a long weekend and I was excited to fill in the extra hours with some crafting goodness.  This is a technique I wanted to try for a while now and few weeks ago I remembered to get bleach so I can finally give it a try.  I had to force myself to walk away after five cards, so much fun!!!

I grabbed my pack of new In Color cardstocks to see how they react with bleach.  As you can see from the picture above, the results from each color were quite different.  I used all the new colors on my cards except hello honey because the result with hello honey was more like a watermark effect and not a distinct impression.  I was surprised that bleach doesn't work with black card stock.

First up is the blackberry bliss card.  The card base is crumb cake.  Love how the hardwood background turned out with bleach.

Next one is the mossy meadow card.  I stamped directly on the card and rubbed the edges on my bleach "pad" to get the distressed look.

Up next is the first lost lagoon card.  The base card is lost lagoon.  I stamped directly on the panel and dragged the edges on the bleach "pad" to get the matted look.  I added the twine to separate the sentiment.

On the second lost lagoon card, I used basic black cardstock for the card base.  This is the only card where I used ink for the sentiment.

And lastly, my favorite!  You'll notice that the images on this last card are sharper than images on the first four cards.  Why, you asked?  I started a new "pad" and inadvertently added less bleach than before.  The base card is blackberry bliss.  I love these three colors together - blackberry bliss, tangelo twist and mossy meadow.  The flower and leaves were stamped with bleach then fussy cut.

Here's the how to:
I placed four layers of folded paper towels inside an old SU stamp container and poured the bleach, this is what I kept referring to as my bleach "pad".  Don't soak the paper towels, start by adding a quarter cup of bleach. You can always add more if that's not enough to get a good impression.  Check out the side by side comparison, can you tell which one used more bleach?

Finally, the group shot.

One last thing, my hands needed extra moisturizer after handling all that bleach.  I think I'll lay off bleach for a while.


Cheers!!!

irene



Here are the supplies I used.  You can get them from my Online Store or by clicking each item directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment