Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Bloom with Hope and Blendabilities

I'm having a lot of fun playing with all my new toys from the new Stampin'Up catalog rolling out on June 2nd.  New colors, new stamp sets, new tools and new accessories!!  Right away I was drawn to the new colors blackberry bliss and hello honey, hence my color palette today.

 On this card, I started by stamping the flower stamp, from the Bloom with Hope set, three times using tuxedo black Memento ink, the recommended ink to use with blendabilities markers, on a white card stock.  Then I colored the flowers using medium rich razzleberry, medium pumpkin pie and light old olive   blendabilities markers.  No shading, just straight up coloring the images. Then I sponged marina mist and wild wasabi ink on the background.  I was pleasantly surprised that the sponged inks didn't affect the coloring of the flowers.  I added the Stitched Satin Ribbon in hello honey.  I colored the pearls with dark rich razzleberry markers.  I stamped the sentiment using blackberry bliss ink.  I used vellum card stock for the butterfly and colored it with lighrich razzleberry blendabilities markers.  Love how that turned out!


This card used the same stamp set and ribbon.  The card base is hello honey card stock.  The flowers and stems were colored with dark daffodil delight and light old olive blendabilities markers  I added the linen thread over the stitched ribbon.  I punched two butterflies from vellum card stock and colored them with light and medium daffodil delight blendabilties markers.  The two main difference between coloring vellum with Stampin Write markers and blendabilities are drying time and color saturation.  Blendabilties are absorb instantly and the color spreads out evenly, none of the streaking or color lines you get with the regular markers.


I'm having a great time coloring with blendabilities markers.  The key to nice crisp image is to stamp with Memento Ink, the recommended base ink.  I tried jet black Archival Ink by Ranger and black StazOn ink and found that neither worked well with these markers.  Even though they're waterproof and permanent, they bled with the color and muddied the images.

Stay tuned for more new products preview this week.

Cheers!!!

irene

No comments:

Post a Comment