Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Burgundy Wedding Reception Invitations

One of my girlfriends got married on a whim.  A couple of days after the whirlwind wedding she called to say she needs invitations for the reception they are planning.  She had three requirements - burgundy in color, simple but elegant and inexpensive.

These are the three layout samples I made for her.  I used My Digital Studio to design the invitation. She picked the top one which was also my first choice.  These are 4.25" x 5.50" flat cards.  The embossing folder I used is Stampin'Up's Vintage Wallpaper which was retired last year.



Bravo Burgundy is the exact color she wants but it's a retired Stampin'Up color and I didn't have enough card stocks for 80 invitations.  Paper Source to the rescue!  Their burgundy card stock is almost the identical shade.  I printed the invitations on Stampin'Up's Very Vanilla cardstock. 


The most tedious task was scoring the pair of vertical "lines" on both sides of the text.  But the Simply Scored tool made the whole process go smoothly.

There you have it - quick and easy but elegant invitations.  Click the links for more information on the supplies I used.

Now that these are out of the way, I can go back to playing with my stuff.

Cheers!!!


irene

No comments:

Post a Comment