Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Watercolor - Distressed and Pure Gold

I love orchids!!! Grew up around them, taking care of them and just simply appreciating their beauty.  Until I started playing with the Happy Watercolor stamp set, I didn't realize that one of the flower image is an orchid - could be an oncidium or even a dendrubium.  I love it!!

I used crumb cake, basic black, summer starfruit and very vanilla card stock.    I used blender pens to color the flowers with raspberry ripple ink and the stems with gumball green ink.  The background was stamped with baked brown sugar ink while the flowers were masked.  I added white dots to the center of the flowers using white permanent marker.


When I finished the first card, I wanted to make a "clean" version using the same focal point and pretty much the same layout.  I heat embossed the flowers using gold embossing powder.  Added the gold washi tapes and gold baker's twine.  I punched the bitty butterfly from champagne glimmer paper.  So nice how all the gold tied together without being gaudy!!!

and a close up .......


I actually embossed two pieces of card stock in case I mess up.  Since I didn't mess up, I had another embossed image to play with.   I "colored" the flowers with a gold Sharpie!  I found the gold and silver sharpie a couple years ago at Target.  I cut the piece to make a banner/flag.  I brayered real red  over the entire banner.  More gold washi tapes and gold baker's twine on this card as well.  The whole thing reminds of the red chinese envelopes!


Thank you for stopping by today.  All the supplies I used are from Stampin'Up except for the sharpie.  You can find all the Stampin;Up supplies HERE.

Cheers!!!

irene

No comments:

Post a Comment