Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Card Making Day Share Part One

Today is World Card Making Day and I want to share with you some cards I made recently.  During my recent move I came across quite a few unfinished projects and left over stamped images that would be perfect for quick cards.  So my post today is a mish-mash of cards made with old and new stamp sets.

This one was made using the Papaya Collage stamp set.  I mounted the pieces on a midnight muse card stock.  I think at the time I wanted to try all the new 2012-2014 In Colors.  The only one I didn't use here was primrose petal.  I really like that little "love" sentiment.  I can't even tell you which stamp set it came from but I'm hoping it's not in one of the sets I sold before I moved.

 When I first saw this background stamp called Pleasant Poppies I knew I must have it.  I remember stamping several images on plain white card stock using black ink and just played with different color combinations.  Some were heat embossed with black embossing powder.  On this card, I mounted the image on black card stock and added the thin ribbon with a tiny sentiment.  It's all about the poppies!

This card is my attempt to create the sunburst technique.  Not perfect but I see sunburst, don't you?  I found this sentiment stamped on a long strip of paper and I could only make it fit a circle punch, well sort of.  At least I got a partial "rising sun" and that's what led me to try the technique. The sentiment is from Riley and Company.  Papers are from the Epic Day This and That designer paper.


I remember cutting apart these doilies from the Flirtatious specialty designer series paper set.  I found quite a few of them in different colors.  On these two cards, I used the doilies and other found pieces including the sentiments which were already stamped and punched out.

There you have it, the first group of cards I made with found stuff!  Stay tuned for more...........

Cheers!!!


irene

No comments:

Post a Comment