Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Vintage Distressed Backyard Basics Tri-fold Birthday Card

I had one more leftover flower from my Backyard Basics project but wanted to do something completely different from the other three.  I am sending this to my good friend Susan whose birthday is in a couple of weeks.

 

I started with a 6" x 12" very vanilla card stock, scored at 4" and 8".  I stamped the Dictionary background stamp using baked brown sugar ink on the three panels.  On the third panel, I used a die cut scrap paper to mask the center of the panel.  The mask left a "blank" area to write a message.  I sponged baked brown sugar ink on all the edges.  I folded the card to sponged the inside "edges" as well.  I also stamped the bee and egg on the front of the card using island indigo ink.  I'm loving this already!


Next I sprayed a doily with island indigo ink mixed with water.  I used the heat gun to speed up the drying process.  The butterfly was stamped on a scrap vanilla card stock with versamark, heat embossed with white embossing powder and die cut with the matching framelits.   The label was die cut with the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  The sentiment, from Simply Sketched stamp set, was stamped with island indigo ink.

Then I sponged baked brown sugar ink all over the doily, the left over flower, the sentiment label and the butterfly.  I cut  5" and 3" pieces of natural 7/16" trim, frayed the edges and sponged baked brown sugar ink all over them.  When all the pieces were properly distressed, I assembled the focal point and added an antique brad and the candy dots.


On the middle and last panel I stamped the images using island indigo ink.  I added the other frayed natural trim on the last panel.


This was really fun to work on, lots of details but totally worth it.  Hope you like it as well.

On the next post, I go back to clean and simple.  Hope you check it out.

Cheers!!!

irene

No comments:

Post a Comment