Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tape It Chalkboard Frame Father's Day Card

I didn't get a chance to post this earlier.  But if you need ideas for any occasion masculine card, I think this will fit the bill.  Once again I'm using smoky slate card stock for my base card.  If you're not familiar with the chalkboard technique, check out THIS post.


The arrows, squiggly lines and stripe images are all from the new Tape It stamp set, one of my favorite set from the new catalog.  Also love the new candy dots, the red dots are the perfect embellishments for this card.  This is my all time favorite color combinations - red, black and gray.  How about that faux frame?

When I was mounting the chalkboard panel on the front of the smoky slate card, I thought it looked too plain.  I wanted to make it more dimensional and came up with the idea of a creating a frame without adding anymore layers.

I took a long piece of scrap card stock and laid it across the front of the card from top left corner to the bottom right corner and sponged smoky slate ink on the two corners.  Then I did the same thing on the other side, top right corner to the bottom left corner.  Hope that makes sense to you.  As you can see, the sponged ink created a shadow that "framed" the center panel.  I think it looks really cool. Makes you forget the imperfections of the stamped elements, lol.

I thank you for stopping by today.  You got to see my second card without flowers!  Two cards in a row without flowers is indeed a rare event here.

Cheers!!!

irene


No comments:

Post a Comment