Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Heat Embossed Washi Tape

Heat embossing technique is what got me hooked with paper crafting.  It is my favorite technique.   When I was deciding on a layout for my next card, I thought I'd try heat embossing washi tape.  I've used washi tapes before and it never occurred to me to do something with it other than it's original purpose.  So glad Stampin'Up is finally carrying washi tapes.


I used the Simply Sketched stamp set.  Both cards are simple and easy to put together.  The first one was made with pistachio pudding card stock.  I stamped the bird image with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  Then I stamped the image repeatedly across the front of the card with pistachio pudding ink.  I placed the washi tape on a scrap card stock, stamped the sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I carefully peeled the washi tape from the scrap card stock and positioned it on the card.  I added the natural twine and punched butterflies.


The next card was made crispy cantaloupe cardstock.  I also used the Simply Sketched stamp set.  Love this set!  I masked the bottom of the main panel and stamped the images using crispy cantaloupe ink.  I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink directly on the washi tape and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I added the ribbon and punched butterfly to finish the card.


Now you know you can heat emboss washi tapes!  Try something different, think outside of the box.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Until the next post..........

Cheers!!!


irene

No comments:

Post a Comment