Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Backyard Basics - Happy Birthday

Here's another card using Backyard Basics stamp set and the coordinating Framelit dies.  I wanted my layout to include a frame to highlight the die cut flowers.  I have to say that I was quite pleased  that I was able to execute the concept floating in my head!


I started with crumb cake card stock for the base card.  I made the die cut flower the same way as my previous post HERE.  I chose island indigo and chocolate chip card stocks for the main panel and frame.  The flowers really pop against these two colors.  The sentiment was stamped with versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  It's from the Simply Sketched stamp set.  Finally, I added the white candy dots.

Really love how this turned out.  Looks plain and simple in the photo but much more striking in real life.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Come back and check out the next post - using a different frame concept!

Cheers!!!

irene

No comments:

Post a Comment