Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Wildflower Meadow - Literally

You think I was being literal when I created this card using the new background stamp Wildflower Meadow!  It actually came together by accident.  I was playing with a technique I wanted to use on my journal.  I think it's called color wash, I'm not really sure.  On this background, I used Pacific Point and Old Olive inks with some Soft Suede mixed in for shadows.  The white pigment ink I used from recent projects was still on my work table so I naturally reached for it when I started stamping.


After I stamped the Wildflower Meadow using white pigment (craft) ink, it hit me!  It looked like I was literally looking out a window into a meadow filled with wildflowers.  So cool!!!  The rest was easy, I wrapped and tied linen thread around the front panel.  Heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder on a strip of crumb cake card stock, trimmed the banner tails and added the pearls.  Done!


Hope you like this one.  I love how it turned out!!!  By the way, the sentiment is also a sneak peek from the new 2013 - 2014 Stampin'Up catalog.  The set is called Really Good Greetings stamp set.

Coming up next is a sneak peek of the 2013-2014 In Colors.  Be sure to stop by and check it out.

Cheers!!!

irene

No comments:

Post a Comment