Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Simply Sketched and Smoky Slate

Today's card is a perfect example of why I love making cards.  I knew I wanted to use the new member of the neutral color family - smoky slate!  The rest quickly fell into place and before you know it, I'm admiring this gorgeous card!


I even managed to take pictures as I was completing each step.  Here's the simple step by step direction to make this card.  

I created a mask from a white cardstock measuring 4.25" x 5.50".  Using the Stampin' Trimmer, I cut the rectagular window which measures 2.25" x 3".  Use the mask as a guide to get the proper placement and spacing of your image and sentiment.


The base card was made with smoky slate cardstock measuring 4.25" x 5.50".  I stamped the image and sentiment, from the Simply Sketched stamp set, with Versamark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  


Then I placed the mask on top of the card and sponged the top half with crisp cantaloupe ink and the bottom half with pistachio pudding ink.  With the mask still in place, I stamped the leaves with smoky slate ink.


I removed the mask and added the embellishments - pearls and washi tapes.  I love how the card turned out, I made another one in a different color combination - strawberry slush and coastal cabana!


So simple and striking.  Don't you just love the new In Colors?

Thanks for stopping by today.  Until the next post ............

Cheers!!!

irene

  


1 comment: