Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dress Up Framelits

Today I’m sharing the rest of the dress form cards I made this past weekend. Just like the card from the last post, I worked with the dress form first and then came up with the layout after the dress form was completed.


The colors on the first card are crumb cake, vanilla, pretty in pink and raspberry ripple. I die cut two dress forms – one using First Edition DSP and the other one using vanilla cardstock. I pasted the die cuts together to make the dress form sturdier. I sponged pretty in pink ink all over the die cut but I wasn't getting the intensity I wanted so I dragged the ink pad directly on the paper. I added the pearl necklace and placed the rose on top.

The card base is crumb cake. The panel is vanilla embossed with Framed Tulip EF and sponged all over with soft suede ink. I added the scalloped lace ribbon from the Artisan Embellishments Kit and tape a strip of Print Poetry DSP on top of the lace. The sentiment was stamped with raspberry ripple ink and punched with the jewelry tag punch and added the linen thread to the tag.  One thing I would change on this card is the pearls, I should have colored them so they're not too white.


The colors on the second card are old olive, raspberry ripple and vanilla. I also started with the die cut dress form on this card and assembled it like the others. Using the direct to paper technique, I dragged the old olive ink pad across the dress form. I used a sponge to even out the color. I love how you can change the look of the First Edition DSP by using the direct to paper technique. I added the double bow ribbon made with satin stitched ribbon in raspberry ripple.

The base for this card is old olive card stock dry embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. I die cut Print Poetry DSP and vanilla card stock using the Labels Collection Framelits. I sponged old olive around the edges of the vanilla cardstock and glued it on top of the DSP. I added the regal rose lace ribbon from the Artisan Embellishments kit across the die cut labels. The sentiment is the same as the previous card. 


I hope you enjoyed looking at these cards as much as I enjoyed making them. I just love how they turned out. And if you’re wondering how I made the small double loop bows, stay tuned, I will post the instructions as soon as I get a chance to document the whole process.

Thanks for stopping by today. Until the next post ……………..  

Cheers!!!

irene


All supplies used are from Stampin'Up.


No comments:

Post a Comment