Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit - Mini Album

As I mentioned on my last post, I have enough leftover materials from the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' kit to do a mini accordion album.   I originally intended to do an album for the boys in our family.  I was still trimming the card stocks and double-sided paper when another inspiration hit me.  How about an Easter accordion card?  This is the front cover.


 If you want to know all the details, stick around and join me for an inspired project.

I started with two pieces of 4.25" x 11" Garden Green card stock.  I scored both pieces at 4.25" and 8.50" mark.  I added double-sided tapes as shown.


I adhered the two card stocks together to form the accordion.  When you join the two "short" ends, make sure the joint panel measures 4.25" and you have five panels with the same measurements.


I cut 8 pieces of double-sided paper measuring 4" x 4".  I also cut two pieces of Regal Rose card stock measuring 4" x 4" for the front and back "cover".


Attach the double-sided paper to the inside panels on both sides.


 Now onto embellishments!  I used Regal Rose card stock for the front and back "covers".  Both pieces were dry embossed using the Flower Garden embossing folder and sponged with Regal Rose ink for added dimensions.  I used the Crosses of Hope stamp set for the centerpiece.  I die cut a white glossy card stock using the Labels Collection Framelits and I stamped the floral cross with black StazOn.

I masked the cross and "drew" light rays around the cross using white crayola pencils.  I guess this could be a variation of the crayon resist technique.  I can't find any of the white crayons I normally have around.  Then I sponged the whole image with Daffodil Delight ink.  As you can see, the light rays I drew were so lame I decided to try a sunburst brass stencil.  Any of you remember the brass stencils SU used to offer?  I kept all of mine and still use them from time to time, although this particular stencil is not from SU.


I used a blender pen to color the leaves and flowers on the cross.  The sentiment from the Well Scripted stamp set was stamped with Garden Green ink.  The butterflies were die cut using the Beautiful Wings Embosslits and sponged with Regal Rose and Daffodil Delight inks.  I don't have any wide Regal Rose ribbons so I used the Primrose Petals 3/8" Satin Stitched ribbon.


The back cover design is very simple compared to the front.  I positioned the ribbon on the back panel before adhering the Rose Regal card stock.  The sentiment from the Trust God stamp set was stamped in Garden Green ink, punched with the Decorative Label punch and sponged with Regal Rose ink.  The buttons are part of the kit and I've never used them on any of my previous projects so I made room for them here.


Each panel was decorated with the leftover card stock stickers.  And all the sentiments used were from the Trust God stamp set.  I also used colored rhinestones and die cut butterflies for embellishments.


And this is how it looks when it's closed.


That is it for the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' kit.  I thank you for stopping by today.

Cheers!!!


irene




All supplies and tools used are from Stampin'Up except for the brass stencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment